Thursday, January 31, 2013

Book Review



                                     An Amish Christmas: December in Lancaster County






I love Amish stories. They take you to a place of simple country living. By simple I do not mean easy. They live lives without all the distractions that we have in our lives. No, I would not want to do without my electricity.


These four stories tell tales of forgiveness and answered prayers. I love the way these stories show the awesome work of God in four families. Of course these stories take place at Christmas time. I love that time of year.

The great thing about novellas like these is that you can finish reading them in a short time. If you don't have much time to read with your busy schedule these are a great read for you.

The downside is that I barely got into the stories and they were over. I felt like my time with them was cut short.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves to read Amish stories. These four stories brought tears to my eyes and laughter to my heart as I read.

I received this book free of charge through Thomas Nelson's Book Sneeze book review program.

No comments:

Post a Comment